Unoccupied Property Insurance
Unoccupied properties can be problematic for insurers and landlords alike, as they must be covered by a specific unoccupied house insurance policy.
A property may be unoccupied for a wide variety of reasons – perhaps it is between tenants, undergoing renovation or redecoration, the tenant may be living abroad, in a different location or hospitalised. Unoccupied home insurance policies vary to take into account the precise reason for unoccupancy.
Why take Unoccupied Property Insurance from us?
We have designed our Empty Property Insurance policy to cater for needs such as:
- prolonged unoccupancy
- with or without structural work
Our insurance for unoccupied property is not limited to residential properties. – unoccupied commercial property insurance is available for empty business premises.
There are a variety of reasons that a house may require empty house insurance:
- Original owner passing away
- Changes in your circumstances
- Awaiting next tenant
If you are looking for a competitive empty property insurance quote, complete the form below or give us a call on 01204 39 25 25
What is included in your Unoccupied Building Insurance?
- Full cover including subsidence, fire and theft cover – you would be surprised how many let property specialists are unable to offer you this cover when supplying insurance for unoccupied properties
- Flexible policies for 3, 6, 9 and 12 months at a time – so you are only paying buildings insurance for unoccupied property for the minimum duration
- Instant cover available over the phone (please note due to legal reasons, if you are the main executor of the unoccupied property or have power of attorney, you must purchase over the phone
- Protection against vandalism can be covered
- Cover for damage caused by water or subsidence
- Total value of contents can range from £1,000 to £20,000
- Property owners liability cover of up to £2 million