Call us now: 01204 392 525

Rapid Insurance > Home Insurance > Buildings & Contents Insurance

Building & Contents Insurance

Could you afford to rebuild your home if the worst happens?

Your home is a big part of your life, therefore it's essential to make sure that you have the right building insurance policy to cover your home and its contents. That's why we've made our house and contents insurance comprehensive, while being inexpensive and easy to understand.

Buildings and contents insurance is a form of combined insurance designed to cover damage and loss to a building or its contents. Building and contents insurance provides cover against damage, even if the damage is extensive enough to require a complete rebuild. The types of damage covered against tend to include perils that are beyond control, such as weather, natural disasters, vandalism, riots, fire, floods, water leaks and so forth. Contents insurance policies are there to protect the possessions within the house, even down to the food in a freezer. There are a number of variations on the specific details of home and contents insurance cover, from “like-for-like” replacement of damaged possessions, to “new-for-old” arrangements.

If you're looking for a comprehensive yet competitive building insurance quote, give us a call on 01204 39 25 25. You'll get our best deal and reassurance that your policy is underwritten by a consortium of leading UK insurers RSA (formerly known as Royal & Sun Alliance), Allianz and Groupama. At Rentguard we give you the best price for comprehensive cover.

Policy benefits

  • Home & contents insurance with the option of personal possessions cover
  • Instant online home insurance quote
  • Buildings cover available, with or without contents
  • Extra discount if you take out buildings and contents insurance combined cover
  • Flexible cover to match your needs
  • Monthly payment option
  • Garden cover available via our home insurance policy
  • Legal liability to the public of £2,000,000 as standard
  • Optional accidental damage cover
  • Alternative accommodation

Why take Buildings & Content Insurance from us?

We can tailor a policy that scales to your needs, from basic cheap buildings insurance to comprehensive building & contents insurance.

  • Buildings standalone
  • Contents standalone
  • Buildings & contents combined

What can we cover?

  • All risks cover for buildings as standard
  • Costs of alternative accommodation paid for up to 5 years
  • Worldwide all risks cover for contents, including damage by domestic pets
  • High single article limits of £7,500 for jewellery and watches and £15,000 for art and antiques limits the items that have been specified
  • Numerous other policy benefits that you would expect from a high net worth policy, including cover for memorial stones
  • Family Legal Protection up to £50,000
  • Emergency Property Assistance provides emergency repair for essential services by approved tradesmen
  • Up to £50,000 for victims of identity fraud

If you are looking for a competitive home owner insurance quote, check online or give us a call on 01204 392 525 and we will do our best to provide you with a suitable policy at extremely competitive rates.

Please note that the above information provides a summary only. For full policy terms and conditions please see the policy wording document. Terms & Conditions should be fully read and understood prior to taking out the policy.

Contact us


Back to top

Our Trusted Insurance Partners